Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lesson: Visually Textured Monsters MAKE A NOISE! (Sorta')

So here is where I can't help myself.  I FREAKING LOVE THE MONSTER PROJECT!  Anything to do with those adorable monsters... I will make it happen!  I will make it take up a whole semester if I could!  But, I won't.  Sorta.  So here's how I have made many lessons from one.  

If you haven't already seen my post about Visual Texture Monsters, check it out.  Because that's where it all begins.  


Ozzy B. and Taylor 
So this one fine night I was enjoying some good times catching up with my old colleague, Elizabeth Osborne.  She is HILARIOUS!  And... she has these hilariously awesome family times with her nieces and nephews.  They ALWAYS make these insane videos and this time she was showing me this hilarious (did I mention, she's hilarious?) app where you can take a still photo and make it have a mouth and put some hilarious sound to it.  Okay, did that sentence make any sense at all?  



Here is an example: 

video


Wow!  That sure is a HILARIOUSly terrible photo of me (and not really a hilarious example).  Oh well.  Don't judge.  So when I saw that, I was like, "OMG!  This would be PERFECT to do with our texture monsters!"  And... of course, it was.  

Here is my quick example to make sure it worked before having my students record. 

video


And then of course, I had to get my (actual) kids to record... because... that is TOO CUTE!




video


video

And then having my students make noises for their own monsters... well, that was HILARIOUS! Especially during taping.  


Enjoy! (Clearly, I did!)


video


video




video


video
video


video


video


video


video


video


video


video


video


video

No comments:

Post a Comment